Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing materials

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jz4all
1328 Views, 4 Replies

Missing materials

Hi,
I am beginner in using Revit Architecture.
When I use ( Paint icon) to add a material , I can't find some materials. For instance (Ceramic Tile 4 Blue). How can I find such materials?
thanks
Jaf

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alan.quinn
in reply to: jz4all

When you say "I can't find some materials", this prompts the questions where did the material go. Assuming you had it before and assuming you will find it in a new file if you open one, I would Transfer Project Standards to get it back into your project again.

See this link for detail on Transfer Project Standards:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/3032-Customiz3032/3206-Transfer3206

If however you never had this material go here for detail on Materials: 

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_User's_Guide/2921-Customiz2921/2931-Project_2...

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 5
jmackniak
in reply to: jz4all

When i am in the Edit Assembly panel i cannot find Site-Sand to include in my concrete slab design.  Where did my sand go?  of course i can create a new materail but where can i find a user defined library of materials

Message 4 of 5

Material library in Revit Architecture does not contain all types of materials. At first, go to ‘Manage’, click on ‘Materials’ and check what all materials are available within the Material library. Within Paint, only the inbuilt materials of Revit library are reflected. If you cannot find your desired materials in the library, in that case you need to create those materials manually.

Message 5 of 5

If you are using the "Paint" tool, only materials that have been loaded into the revit project from the libary are visiblein the window.

Incase you dont know how to load materials from the libary into the file, do the following:

1. Open your material browser from Manage tab > Materials
  2. The box on the bottom left is your libary, ant the box top left is materials loaded into the project (for v2014) it is slightly different on different versions but same idea). Double click materials from the libary to load them in to the project (See image)

Once you have done this your material will show up when you use the paint tool.

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report