Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Survey point after upgrade to Revit 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
aerosjerry
516 Views, 7 Replies

Missing Survey point after upgrade to Revit 2015

After updating a project from 2013 to 2015 I notice that my survey point is missing.

Also when I export to Autocad there are all these crazy lines everywhere, none of which can be selected. 

I have lost the ability to send drawings to consultants. Can anyone help with this? Critical! screen shot attached

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: aerosjerry

Hi,

Try this,

Go to site or plan level,  type VV (Visibily / graphics), model categories, site,, survey point (check if tick or not, just tick it)

and

Go to manage, manage links ( remove or unload link files) before you export to acad (dwg) files.

shalom....

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
aerosjerry
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I tried your suggestions but still getting the same result...

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

hi,

what do you mean, getting the same result? still cannot see the survey point or still have many lines when exported to dwg files or both.

did you update the latest service pack ?

is there anyway you can post your files so that other people can investigate too and check what's wrong with your files?

as far as i know when files upgrade from R2013 to R2015 it really matters.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
aerosjerry

Buy same result I mean no survey point & wierd lines on the exported autocad file.

unfortunately the revit file size is too large to post, however I will post the exported Autocad file

Message 6 of 8
ennujozlagam

hi,

i dont see any problem with your drawings. i dont see any weird lines that you have mentioned. I printed to pdf files and its looks clean.

Anyways when you created annotations or text in revit,  go to properties change opaque to transparent when exporting revit to autocad files.

2nd thought : save your revit files to another filename and open in revit and purge everything and export to autocad and see what is the outcome.

shalom

Message 7 of 8
aerosjerry

That is helpful, at least I know it is display related. I plotted out a PDF and the lines disappeared. (Ive attached a screen shot so you can see what I am getting on my display in Autocad) It does seem to be affected by display settings but i have not found any that make them disappear from the display, I suspect it is my old display card, I will have to upgrade that and see if it changes. maybe it related to hardware acceleration but im not sure there is an option for that in Autocad. anyway thanks for you r help so far.

Message 8 of 8
ennujozlagam

hi,

i've attached the scrreen shot of your drawing from my autocad 2015 and i didnt find any crossing lines.

try to update the latest service pack from autodesk of your current version of autocad and update the latest driver of your graphics card. it could be your graphics card problem.

if you are satisfied with this solution please mark as accepted solution so we can close this case.

shalom...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report