Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Section View References

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
ThomasSheridan8672
15395 Views, 12 Replies

Missing Section View References

I have a problem on Revit 2014 where a section view reference does not show in any views. The views I want it to show in are @ 1:50, and the section itself is set to hide at scales coarser than 1:100. The View workset is not turned off, and the view has not bee simply hidden in the view. Any suggestions?

Cheers

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Maybe the section is on a different phase?

Message 3 of 13

Hello and Welcome to the Discussion!

A few thoughts - you mention the View workset - so this is a workshared project?

In the visibility graphics for the view (VV or VG) - is the Section category (Annotation Tab) turned off?

If you turn on the Reveal Hidden Elements on in the view - does the section show up?

Is this section referencing another view? 

Can you post an image of it showing up in one view and not another?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 4 of 13

Huhhhh.... Look, my user profile says I'm a rookie, but I'm not. I've been using Revit for 8 or so years. Yes the job has worksets. The reason I didn't mention those options you offered is because I figured they were too obvious. There seems to be something more complicated going on.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way, I'm just frusrtated that what should be a simple is taking so long to fix.

I'll look into it further today, and post if I figure it out or get stuck again. Maybe someone else working on the job has done something tricky.

Thanks

Message 5 of 13

Yes - those were the basics and where I would usually start...
As I re-ready our post let me reframe my thoughts...
You state a section view reference... So you have a section view that is referencing another view... Correct?
That section marker will only show up in the view you have placed it. It is not 'live' and will not show up anywhere else.

Now if this is not the case... Please excuse my lack of understanding...
LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 6 of 13

No whats missing is a reference/section marker that should take you to the section. It's is not on any views. At first I thought there might've been some funny thing going on where if the section and original plan the section was cut from were on the same sheet the reference disappears or something, but no.

At a loss at the moment. Think I'll just push on with the project and let you/my subconsious work on this!

Cheers!

Message 7 of 13

Found the problem.

Someone else who was working on the project set up a filter to sift out views she was using as "work in progress" views and accidentally changed my section type into one of these working view types. I knew about the filters, but because the WIP section ref bubble looks a bit different to the one we usually use, I didn't notice that is had been turned off in this way as I wasn't looking for it.

VIEW FILTERS!

Thanks

Message 8 of 13

Glad to hear you have found the issue - I would have never though of the filters.

I hope you don't mind I marked your post as the solution.

Any time you have an issue - these boards are great - and with your knowledge of Revit - we can use more people like you to help answer questions. So keep coming back!

LD

Message 9 of 13

Thank you Thomas for your question and answer it has helped me today with exactly same problem!

Message 10 of 13

I was having this issue in Revit 2017.2. The solution for me was to turn off the annotation crop on the view I was trying to place the reference section into. Hope this is helpful to others!

Message 11 of 13

I do have faced the same problem.

Solution that i found for my problem was to change the Scale range  in graphics of Section properties(i.e,Hide at scales coarser than to ) to bigger scale.

Find the below attached image for more clarity.

Hope some one will get benefit the post.

Please don;t forget to click on kudos if my answer is helpful to you.

Message 12 of 13

thank you. have found this with a help if a colleague. thank you all the same!
Message 13 of 13

Thank you, this helped me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report