Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Linked CAD error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
howdylee903
410 Views, 3 Replies

Missing Linked CAD error

I have a error that pops up on several different projects:

"The linked files listed below could not be located. They will be displayed as they were when this project was last saved. You can use Manage Links to correct their paths."

The problem is that the file is there correctly, I have reloaded and reloaded from, copied and renamed the file, tried a different folder, tried the make the path absolute, tried to save the location; but nothing works.

Deleting the link and reinserting/linking is NOT an option (too many views reference the file and each has different VG settings - I'm not about to redo all that work!)

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ljhudson
in reply to: howdylee903

did you find a solution to this? I am having the same issue the linked file is in the same location but revit is saying its not

Message 3 of 4
howdylee903
in reply to: ljhudson

Nope, never got an answer... hint hint Revit geniuses!

Message 4 of 4

I got the same error in Revit.  I finally tracked it down to a hatch pattern in 2 AutoCAD drawings that were linked into our model.  Basically, the hatch pattern had more additional internal boundaries than were actually needed.  This means there was an outer boundary for the hatch, then an internal boundary for a island, and addictional boundaries inside the island for other objects.  When I deleted all the boundaries within the island and reloaded the linkded DWG files, the error went away.  Removing the links and relinking them did not solve the problem in this case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report