Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material width/material length VS type width/type length,

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JamaL9722060
647 Views, 3 Replies

I’m not sure why the Revit doesn’t have fields that represent the “material width” and “material length” but has only the “type width” and “type length”!

For example, in the attached screenshot the Revit shows the width of the type but fails to provide “material width” nor the “material length”!

Also, even the Revit fails to show the accumulative “type length”! what if I wanted to know the total length of the two walls indicated in the screenshot?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Hi Jamal,

I don't know about material width or length but you can create some parameters with formulas to make that work.

When something is not displayed in a schedule, it means there is a difference between the elements. It says count = 2. If these 2 don't have the same length revit won't know what to display.

Dunno if that's the problem but just an idea.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4

for material width it can be done as follows:
in Material Takeoff Properties >Fields>Calculated Value ..make a new field ..call it mat width ,common, type>length,

Formula: Material:Volume / Material :Area

It seems it is indeed a problem with Length Material ..it is shown as equal with the Wall Length calculated on wall center line...

I saw you have activated in your  schedule in Sorting/Group > Sort by :Material Name  if you Itemize every instance  the length value will be shown...but not the length sum

Activating Parts and making a Part schedule the Length, Height ,Thicknes,Area,Volume....looks surprisingly accurate...it makes also length sum.......but I still asking myself if this can be used for the whole project...to make parts from every wall and floor...seems to be madness..

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Perfect. This is great Constantin! It works fine and solved my issue

As for the length, there should be a way (as genius as the one you have provided for the material width) to sum up the lengths! For example, one can know the total length of the “Block” or “concrete” walls in the project without the need to itemize them.

All the best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report