Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material display when cutting with void

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ChuckEdwards
2905 Views, 1 Reply

Material display when cutting with void

When adding an element, say a door, to something like a wall, if there is a void within the door and everything is set properly to cut out a section of the wall, what is the resultant material colour that you see at the cut?

I've been trying this out and in the Realistic display mode,  when I have a door with a recess profile around the frame, in brick I see the brick colour, but in plaster I see a grey which isn't the same as the default plaster colour?

The recess is 12mm into 12.5mm plaster.

Door family object also attached.

Not a major issue but I'm trying to learn Revit, and the naysayers in the office are adept at point out every single flaw they can find, to say the nitpicking I can expect on things like this (probably one reason why the last attempy at Revit 7 years ago failed so spectacularly) is driving me slightly nuts would be an understatement!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

1. If you cut the Wall with a Void element , being it imported from a family or even created using Component>Model in Place>Walls>Void Element (extrusion or sweep, etc) the material that appears in the section cut will be the Default Wall material . So, if you want that the color to be that of plaster , change the color of the default wall to be the same of that of plaster...
  2. But if you want to solve it more direct select the wall and from Modify/Walls>Create Parts. With Parts activated everuthing looks OK....
  3. In addition to those from above , you have  to take in consideration that only in Consistent Color Visual Style the shadows do not appear at all . In Shaded and Realistic even with shadow off the own shadow of the object appears (see Images 249 and 250 ...)
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report