Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Takeoff

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
kishore152
2040 Views, 9 Replies

Material Takeoff

Hi all,

Can we take Material schedule of the elements selected in the model, rather than getting the schedule for the whole project.

For example..I want to calculate the quantity of the material of few specific walls in a particular floor. when I use the material take off option, Its giving the schedule for whole of the project.

Please suggest some option.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ccollins
in reply to: kishore152

You can sort/filter the Schedule by Level.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 10
kishore152

Thank you for the reply...

But as I mentioned earlier. I would like to take the quantities of the elements selected in a particular level...

like for example...there are 50 tagged walls in level 1 and I want the quantity of only 30 of them, HOW DO I GET...

Message 4 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

Create a new Project Parameter, instance, text, that applies to walls. Select the 30 walls you want to schedule, and, from the properties window, enter somehing in the new text parameter, such as "group A". Then, create a schedule, and filter by the objects where that parameter is equal to "group A".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 10
kishore152
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you, this really gave me new way of dealing with the things, but my issue is half done. In usual construction practice in India, the planning team needs to quantify the specific elements of the project for preparing the running bills. To get the quantities by the above procedure one needs to plan(Assign) before, a group/parameter name to the elements he wants to quantify, but this is not the case in usual practice. planning person needs, change from bill to bill. He cant keep on assigning names each time he wants to quantify a new set of elements, which is a tedious job.

So I would like to know, whether there is any option where one can take out the quantities dynamically, I mean just for the elements he needs for that instance.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

The other way is setting up Phases. There is no way to do schedules by simple selection. The schedule needs to be filtered in some way, either by parameters, or by phases.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 10
kishore152

thank you Alfredo...

Message 8 of 10
BrianJuge

You could simply select the walls that you want to filter and in the properties pallet make a comment in the Comments data. Then set up a filter to only include what you write in the comments line.

Message 9 of 10
kishore152
in reply to: BrianJuge

thank you Brian...this really worksout to me..thank you very much.

Message 10 of 10
thuzz

When I try to sort the walls by level I find no field "level" in the list of avalible fields, anyone who knows how I can add this or is this not posible for walls?

When I try the same thing with floors I can add the field "level" and sort by level.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report