Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match line and Dependent views

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mashour
501 Views, 3 Replies

Match line and Dependent views

What is the purpose of the dependent view if the orginal view and the partial view scales are related to each other,

what is the way to make a key plan with small scale and a detail plan with a large scale, and keep these views

related to each other.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: mashour

Hi.

Duplicate the view you want to create dependant views for (This will be your dummy plan). Then create dependant views for the duplicate. That way you can change the scales of these and not worry about your master plan.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
mashour

but in this way they will not be linked as annotation, and the view references for each part of the sheet will not be shown. -- Best Regards, Mohammad K. Ashour Design Architect Edge ? Ahmed Zaidan Consulting Architects P.O. Box 122842, Jeddah 21332, Saudi Arabia T +966 2 6644698 F +966 2 6640799 M +966 561 035714 mashour@edgearch.pro
Message 4 of 4
AJA14

I'm not sure I understand. Actually, yes they will be linked and the view references will show as they are supposed to unless I am misunderstanding something here. Please elaborate and better yet provide an image to make it more clear.
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report