Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making windows

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wubbena
130 Views, 1 Reply

Making windows

I am trying to make a window type. In doing so I have come up with a problem that I cant seem to fix. The window I created looks great when I am editing it....all the mulls line up with the outter frame and the glass is set in the middle. When I load it into my project....which is a cavity wall. the frame sets to the face of the brick and the mulls and glass remain centered on the wall. WHY??? what is needed to keep the window together and set a certain distance from the face of the wall? Also, I am trying to create a soldier course Head and rowlock sill. I cant seem to locate the hatch patterns on the materials for it to look like it should in elevation...any hints on where and what to do for that? Thanks to all for helping
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sbrown
in reply to: wubbena

In plan I typicaly set up ref. planes parallel to the wall, then dimension from the exterior face of wall to the first ref plane and call this Inset. Then dim from that plane to the next and call it frame width. this lets me build my window with the ability to control where it sits in the opening. I then create a third ref. plan inbetween those two called glass CL I put a dim that is EQ/EQ on it Now I can create all the geometry I want from that ref plane and it will move with the frame. See attached example.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report