Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a floor opaque?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
vanderloo5
2415 Views, 3 Replies

Making a floor opaque?

I'm illustrating a second level floor plan and lower level roof in the same view. I set the underlay to Floor 1 so the walls below the roof would show.

I then created a floor substrate above my floor joist with a 3/4" thickness in order to block out the first floor walls below the 2nd floor. I want the substrate to be opaque  but I can't get it set that way. I select it, override graphics in view, and set the transparency to 0 but this doesn't work. How can I accomplish this? See attachment. The shaded area is the second floor substrate.

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

As I understood you want to show only the lines from the first level that are outside the highlighted surface (floor).

I use the following method.

Select an entity from Underlay Level > View >Linework > Line Style > select a wanted line type and click an all entities I want to be seen.

After completing the operation,  I turn Underlay from Properties to None.

Now only changed lines will appear.

The lines are annotation lines , visible only on this View, but they are conected to the underlayed level. Changes in the bottom level will show in the made linework  ( don"t erase the lines..this will affect the underlined level)

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
vanderloo5
in reply to: vanderloo5

Thank You Constantin.

But I ended up doing this and it all worked fine-

I took out the underlay and changed the view depth to Floor 1.  That made the walls under the floor not show.

Then I selected the roof and changed the transparency to 30 which half toned the walls below so you could distinguish between the upper and lower walls.

Message 4 of 4

you are welcome....Your method seems to suit better in this case.

But,thinking at the printed sheet,  why not :

• the first step as you said ( without underlay and change the view depth to Level 1)
  • then instead making the roof transparent , make a Plan Region over the area outside the floor 2 with a View Range in wich the cut plane will be at a very low level - this will allow a true cut on your model.
  • If a projection of the roof is desired , can make it on underlay with hidden Linework so to show that these are projections (and then turn the underlay off)..

Constantin

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report