Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Lines Not Print (with Events)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
V.Ruby
298 Views, 4 Replies

Making Lines Not Print (with Events)

Hello, Not sure if I am posting this in the right place as I am new to the forum. I have been trying to set up macros which stop lines from printing for our company title block,  I have been using and following this website Making Lines Not Print (with Events) | Boost Your BIM - making Revit even better. It keeps coming up with errors and therefore I can't run it. Has anyone else tried this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ronmalit
in reply to: V.Ruby

hi

im confused...

if you are fairly new to revit, i think you dont need to create and understand macros or any of those just to stop line from printing for your title block. cant you just select <invisible line> in the subcategory?

Message 3 of 5
V.Ruby

Thank you for your response. I am fairly new to Revit but I am currently setting up our company Revit standard templates, families etc. I have tried changing the line to the sub category 'invisible lines' but when I bring in the title block to the template the invisible line is obviously not there which makes it a little difficult to know where the edge of the title sheet is. I was just wondering whether there is a way of having the outline there but not making it print as our company title block is borderless.

Message 4 of 5
awes

Click the blue lightbulb at the bottom of your window to reveal hidden elements. Your invisible line will then be visible in that view mode and that will help you to place your title block.

Message 5 of 5
V.Ruby

I've tried what you said and unfortunately it doesn't work. Would it be because the lines are not hidden, they are invisible?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report