Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Project Standards editable while worksharing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
haydenwse
811 Views, 3 Replies

Make Project Standards editable while worksharing

I am project coordinator on a work sharing project.  As such I am responsible for family creation and Project Standards and need to have these items editable.  I can select them all and make them editable but they always get changed back to none editable?  How do I check these out until I relinquish them?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: haydenwse

You should be able to set any of the Project Standards worksets editable and maintain ownership until you synchronize with central.  Or you can set them editable > Synchronize and Modify Settings > un-check “After synchronizing, relinquish the following worksets and elements” > “Project Standard Worksets”.

Also here is some additional information regarding the Project Info workset:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/08/linked-files-shared-coordinates-and-the-project-inf...

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
haydenwse
in reply to: haydenwse

Thanks.  that is just what I needed.  I guess in need to read the fine print in the dialog box.  ;>)

Message 4 of 4
Rusty_Gesner
in reply to: ryan.duell

What is the point of the Project Standards Worksets?

In my testing, if I lock them down by taking and not relinquishing ownership, it prevents other users from modifying the types and styles which existed at the time I lock them down, but doesn't stop other users from polluting the project by creating a plethora of non-standard new styles and types.

- Rusty Gesner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report