Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for video compressor for exporting walkthrough

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
petapeace
5790 Views, 6 Replies

Looking for video compressor for exporting walkthrough

Hello,  I am Jaewon, an architect who is very interested in Revit Architecture.

I have a question about the format of video compressors when exporting a walkthrough.

I tried to export a walkthrough with high quality, size of 8000 and 5580 because I wanted to get clean scene without zigzaged lines. When I exported a walkthrough with that size, I found that there is only one option, Microsoft video 1 that can be chosen. However, after exporting the walkthrough, I cannot open the avi file with any player and encoding programme.

So I'd like to know if there is any way to add a video compressor which can export a large size walkthrough effectively.

Also, I want to know which graphic card is the best for Revit Architecture.

The tested file size of Revit is about 150 MB.

Total frame number is 600 with the FPS of 30.

For your reference, the spec of my workstation is:

CPU Intel E5440 2.83GHz

RAM 8GB

Graphic Card NVIDIA quadro FX 3700

I hope you can give me a quick reply.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Best

Jaewon

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: petapeace

I had the same issue exporting a high quality video. As the video size increases the video dosent play.

Here are two options that you can use:

1) Divide your video in smaller parts (divide the fames) and use some video software to join them

2) instead of exporting videos export high quality images at same FPS you want the video to move and later use some video editing software to make the movie using the high quality images.

Message 3 of 7
spike14me

The video codec I have had the best results with is the Lagarith Lossless Video Codec.  It does a great job compressing high quality videos and is available for 32bit and 64bit. However if you are settting the 'Dimesions' to 8000 and 5580 I don't know why you would be doing that at this time (since I can't imagine a TV/Computer Monitor or anything else that has that high of a resolution today).

Example:  HD720 (lower end HD TV resolution is 1280 x 720)

HD1080 (Higher end TV/Monitor resolution is 1920x1080)

Cinema HD (the best Monitors on the market ie:Apple 30" is 2560 x 1600)

I would recommend 1280 x 720 and the above codec and you should be happy with the results

http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

Good Luck

Message 4 of 7
happybabyboy

The following will introduce a step by step guide on how to compress MKV, MPEG, AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, VOB, FLV, MPEG2 and more video with the help of the powerful Video Compressor at How to Compress Video MKV, AVI, MP4, MPEG, MOV, FLV, WMV, VOB?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: happybabyboy

really works, helps me a lot, it helps to compress my mkv, avi, mp4 files so fast with almost no loss of video quality,
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Have you tried HandBrake? WIth it, you can compress various kinds of videos. But it is a little comolicate to handle.

Message 7 of 7
L.Maas

The route I have followed is to render to images and then use virtualdub (open source) to make a movie out of the images. Works quite well

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report