Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical Database interaction Revit 2013-Building Code Management

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Salsadude
863 Views, 5 Replies

Logical Database interaction Revit 2013-Building Code Management

Ok here is what we want:

We are licensed architects in CA and other states.  We utilize both California Building Codes and the International Building Codes.

Is there a way to have a check box or input selection to select either CBC Codes and Notes or IBC Codes and Notes,

which would then pull the apprropriate referenced notes from a notes database?

Does Revit 2012 or 2013 have this capability?

Is there another way to acheive the mission?

Thank you in advance...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
vector2
in reply to: Salsadude

@Salsadude wrote:

a way to have a check box or input selection to select either CBC Codes and Notes or IBC Codes and Notes,

which would then pull the apprropriate referenced notes from a notes database? 

Matching words in a code to words in a notes database so you can read

the notes related to that code? Probably pretty simple but what's that got

to do with Revit?

Message 3 of 6
Salsadude
in reply to: vector2

HI Vector2

I guess what I am looking for in many of our general plan notes, we reference the actual code section for that note reference, especially Mech Elec and Plumbing, when we are doing projects in CA all of the code references need to read CBC 2010 11.1.33B or CEC 2010 7.2.1. vs IBC 2010 7.2.x  there are section discrepancies between CBC and IBC.  So I was looking for a way via an input selection for a project to call up and use the CBC notes or the IBC notes depending on state.

I am unsure if this makes sense?

Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

I have not seen a tool in Revit to select code notes. There might be a third party application especialy suted for that need.bOtherwise, it would be a time consuming manual task to create those notes one by one with with the current tools, either with text, keynotes, or key schedules.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
vector2

@Salsadude wrote:

HI Vector2

I am unsure if this makes sense?

Well it makes sense that you are looking for a better way to do something.

Let's use a process of elimination. Could you in any way be thinking about

building code compliance checking?

Message 6 of 6
smcgrady

e-SPECS for Revit includes keynoting (notes and annotations, too) functionality that would do this.  Setting up your spec masters in e-SPECS can include the "checklist" feature for not only filtering your specs based on the project, but also gives you the filtered keynote file.  e-SPECS also includes the intelligent assignment of keynotes to elements and materials along with validation of the existing notes to the specs. 

We have a recorded presentation on the keynoting.  If you are interested, email for the download links.

Seamus McGrady (yes, I am with InterSpec and we develop e-SPECS)

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report