Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Locking / pinning title block and sheet

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hanshgmb
2728 Views, 5 Replies

Locking / pinning title block and sheet

Hello,

I want to pin all our sheets in the lower left corner. We are using a parametric sheet with all the sheet sizes we need built in. The title block is placed in the lower right corner. Is there a way to keep the lower left corner in place (pin) and the tiltle block moving when changing sheet size?

Hans Broeksteeg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sagar.londonites
in reply to: hanshgmb

To do this, you need same origin for all your title block family (rfa) files - in the lower left corner.

In other words, create multiple title block families in a way that when you copy-paste border from one family to another, they align from lower-left corner.

- Sagar
Message 3 of 6
hanshgmb
in reply to: sagar.londonites

Thanks Sagar, but what I want actually is to use just one sheet / titleblock with different family types for each sheet size. It works well, accept for the title block itself, which is not moving with the sheet size.

I tried to group the labels and logo included with a dimension locked at the right side of the sheet, but Revit does not accept that. It says:

"The elements you have selected for grouping contain dimensions or tags whose references are not all included in the selection being grouped and are not all included in a common model group.  As a result, some of the selected elements have not been included in the new group."

Maybe there is a way to get around this by placing a separate title block family in the parametric family, but I don't know how.

Hans Broeksteeg 

Message 4 of 6
hanshgmb

Got it. Smiley Very Happy

I made two (vert and hor) reference lines in the lower left corner. Then I grouped the title block, which contains lines. Next I made a dimension between the grouped title block and the vertical reference plane in the lower left corner, labeled it "position title" and filled in the corresponding values for every sheet size. It works great.

Hans Broeksteeg

Message 5 of 6
Newww

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to create the title block according to GOST and I have one problem. In attached file I've put a pdf-file with this problem. In ideally, I want to lock the label (sheets numeration) to the size of sheet. I've been creating line and block but I couldn't lock new block to corner of sheet. I'd like to know how I will be able to solve it.

Thank you in advance!

Message 6 of 6
bombear1

Posted to the wrong topic.. šŸ™‚  But I can't delete my post. šŸ˜ž 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report