Revit Architecture

Contributor
hanshgmb
Message 1 of 4 (486 Views)

Locking / pinning title block and sheet

486 Views, 3 Replies
08-29-2012 01:29 AM

Hello,

I want to pin all our sheets in the lower left corner. We are using a parametric sheet with all the sheet sizes we need built in. The title block is placed in the lower right corner. Is there a way to keep the lower left corner in place (pin) and the tiltle block moving when changing sheet size?

Hans Broeksteeg

Active Contributor
sagar.londonites
Message 2 of 4 (467 Views)

Re: Locking / pinning title block and sheet

08-29-2012 09:29 PM in reply to: hanshgmb

To do this, you need same origin for all your title block family (rfa) files - in the lower left corner.

In other words, create multiple title block families in a way that when you copy-paste border from one family to another, they align from lower-left corner.

- Sagar
Contributor
hanshgmb
Message 3 of 4 (456 Views)

08-30-2012 04:37 AM in reply to: sagar.londonites

Thanks Sagar, but what I want actually is to use just one sheet / titleblock with different family types for each sheet size. It works well, accept for the title block itself, which is not moving with the sheet size.

I tried to group the labels and logo included with a dimension locked at the right side of the sheet, but Revit does not accept that. It says:

"The elements you have selected for grouping contain dimensions or tags whose references are not all included in the selection being grouped and are not all included in a common model group.  As a result, some of the selected elements have not been included in the new group."

Maybe there is a way to get around this by placing a separate title block family in the parametric family, but I don't know how.

Hans Broeksteeg 

Contributor
hanshgmb
Message 4 of 4 (436 Views)

08-31-2012 12:29 AM in reply to: hanshgmb

Got it. :smileyvery-happy:

I made two (vert and hor) reference lines in the lower left corner. Then I grouped the title block, which contains lines. Next I made a dimension between the grouped title block and the vertical reference plane in the lower left corner, labeled it "position title" and filled in the corresponding values for every sheet size. It works great.

Hans Broeksteeg

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube