Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked or Pinned items, Can they change color?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jason_S
521 Views, 2 Replies

Locked or Pinned items, Can they change color?

I am training some new hires and was asked this question;  "Can the locked or pinned items be changed to a different color so you can tell they are locked or pinned before clicking on them?"

I never have been asked that before and can't seem to find away to have items that are locked or pinned be a different color so they stand out as being locked or pinned.  Anyone know of away to do that?  I like the idea.

Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Jason_S

Not through Revit as delivered to us, someone using the API could probably accomplish it though.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 3

One way of doing this, if you really want it, would be to create a project parameter, applied to all categorys named something like "Lock/Pin" and make it a yes/no parameter.

This method is no way ideal, and only really works well from the start of a project. But you can tick the yes box if you lock or pin an object as you are working. And you can apply a view filter for the specific view, looking to whatever categorys you want for the "lock/Pin" parameter.

But this is not very efficent and is a manual process. So unless, as mentioned above, you know about API mods then i would just leave it alone.

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report