Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading second Revit copy at home

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
paul.ashley
528 Views, 3 Replies

Loading second Revit copy at home

Under the old Revit licensing system, you were allowed to have a duplicate license on a home computer and Revit had a mechanism for authorizing that installation without its counting against the total number of licenses purchased.

Is this allowed under the new license authorization system and how is it done?

Do I still have to authorize through an internet connection?

Do I use the new "Request Code" generated by the installation or use one of the already issued Request and Authorization codes?

Does the official method not count the home installation against my license count?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: paul.ashley

Paul, Yes, you can install and authorized a second copy of Revit on your home computer. Yes, you have to authorize through the Internet. Yes, a new Request Code will be issued, which will be used to authorize the second install. If you are running a network version at the office, I believe you will have to transfer the license file between your home and work computers. Check Autodesk Revit site for info on handling dual installations for both stand-alone and network licensed installation and portability. -- Mel Persin, Architect-AIA Network/CAD Consultant, Support & Training "pashley" wrote in message news:16670879.1078438845461.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Under the old Revit licensing system, you were allowed to have a duplicate license on a home computer and Revit had a mechanism for authorizing that installation without its counting against the total number of licenses purchased. > > Is this allowed under the new license authorization system and how is it done? > > Do I still have to authorize through an internet connection? > > Do I use the new "Request Code" generated by the installation or use one of the already issued Request and Authorization codes? > > Does the official method not count the home installation against my license count?
Message 3 of 4
paul.ashley

We are running standalone copies at work and have not yet installed all licenses. So if I install at home there is no way I can tell if it is counting against my total.

I checked the Autodesk Revit website and can't find any info on how to do this or even whether it is allowed - and the subscription center is down.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

see Steve Burri's (SLB) post at http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878&highlight= "pashley" wrote in message news:25035556.1078520592552.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > We are running standalone copies at work and have not yet installed all licenses. So if I install at home there is no way I can tell if it is counting against my total. > > I checked the Autodesk Revit website and can't find any info on how to do this or even whether it is allowed - and the subscription center is down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report