Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Revit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
205 Views, 6 Replies

Loading Revit

After loading Revit on ten (10) stations, I find that the first station loaded all the walls, doors, and window types OK, but the other nine (9) stations did not load these items. Is there a reason why that you may know about????
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JeffreyMcGrew
in reply to: Anonymous

There's a checkbox as part of the install process that defined whether or not the content gets installed too.

If I were you, however, I'd put all the content on the server, and point all ten stations to that via the Library Paths in the Options, rather than have ten different versions of the standard library...

You can do this automatically by making a Network Install package, seach this forum or the help for clear examples of how to do this...
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Jeffrey,

Thanks for the reply...At my campus all 25 CAD stations are stand-alones not networked. Its rather "low tech" but if they were networked, my school district would enforce a six month to one year software review of any CAD software being installed. To by pass this review, I have chosen to have to load each station individually...codes and all. I installed three stations myself and left the other seven to be installed by students. The stations that I loaded work fine...their loaded stations did not. Would it be best to uninstall and reinstall Revit? Would doing this invalidate the Request Codes and require new Auth. Codes?

Thanks for any help/suggestions you can give.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

You can reinstall. During installation, Revit will find the current copy,
and ask you if you would like to uninstall it. I suggest getting the latest
build from the web site and install that over the top of the others.

wrote in message news:4857961@discussion.autodesk.com...
Jeffrey,

Thanks for the reply...At my campus all 25 CAD stations are stand-alones not
networked. Its rather "low tech" but if they were networked, my school
district would enforce a six month to one year software review of any CAD
software being installed. To by pass this review, I have chosen to have to
load each station individually...codes and all. I installed three stations
myself and left the other seven to be installed by students. The stations
that I loaded work fine...their loaded stations did not. Would it be best to
uninstall and reinstall Revit? Would doing this invalidate the Request Codes
and require new Auth. Codes?

Thanks for any help/suggestions you can give.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Scott,

As these current 10 stations of Revit are Revit Building 8 and were just granted and received lst Tuesday, I would think that it is the latest release, but I will check...as you have suggested.

I'll give it a try....Thanks!
Message 6 of 7
JeffreyMcGrew

Scott, there is a Revit guy over on AUGI.COM. Mike is his name, he goes by 'mlgatzke' there. he's in the same situation you are in, in that he runs Revit classes and supports it for a School. He's been doing it for years. If you got in touch with him he'd be able to offer you a lot of insights on things in regards to Revit and school labs and such.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Jeffrey,

Thanks for the contact...I'll be sure to get in touch with him.

In additon to Revit 8, the other CAD software that I have and teach at my program are:

Softplan 12 EDU SDS/2 (Structural Steel Modeling)
Softplan 12 Pro Navisworks
Softplan Review Unigraphics NX7
Autocad 2005 SolidEdge 17
Autocad 2005 ADT
Microstation

So, you see, I have a great deal of "tools" at my fingertips for my high school Architectural Design Drafting students to use. By the way, all of these corporations granted these software programs to my NEC ADDP Program...running total since May 2004...$28,695,955.00. All for one high school program in Arizona!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report