Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Family

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RJK42
274 Views, 3 Replies

Load Family

I searched for corrugated metal siding and found an rfa file that is useful for a project that I am currently working on.  I want to creat a wall with this. 

I click on the insert tab, "Load Family", go to the appropriate location and opened "Corrugated_Metal_Panels_6304.rfa".  

But now when I try to implement that for my walls, I cannot locate it in my project browser.  I would like to duplicate a wall and use that for my finish layer but seem a little stuck on how to do that.

Thanks!!

I attached the file.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: RJK42

The family you attached to your post is a face based generic model.  This would need to be manually attached to the wall after it has been placed in your project.  There is not a way to directly use this in your wall family as a finish layer. 

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 4
RJK42
in reply to: loboarch

Thanks for the quick response.  Does Revit have such properties in architecture or structure?? Or is this something that I will have to create.  

This structure is typically a pole barn.

Thanks again!!

Message 4 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: RJK42

The wall tool in Revit does not allow creating a layer with a profile like this.  It would need to be added as a face family like this if you needed the profile modeled.  If it only needs to be represented in a plan and elevation you can probably do this with a material and the cut and surface fill pattern assignments.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report