Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
RJK42
Message 1 of 4 (137 Views)

Load Family

137 Views, 3 Replies
11-19-2012 07:10 AM

I searched for corrugated metal siding and found an rfa file that is useful for a project that I am currently working on.  I want to creat a wall with this. 

I click on the insert tab, "Load Family", go to the appropriate location and opened "Corrugated_Metal_Panels_6304.rfa".  

But now when I try to implement that for my walls, I cannot locate it in my project browser.  I would like to duplicate a wall and use that for my finish layer but seem a little stuck on how to do that.

Thanks!!

I attached the file.

Employee
loboarch
Message 2 of 4 (133 Views)

Re: Load Family

11-19-2012 07:20 AM in reply to: RJK42

The family you attached to your post is a face based generic model.  This would need to be manually attached to the wall after it has been placed in your project.  There is not a way to directly use this in your wall family as a finish layer. 

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
Valued Contributor
RJK42
Message 3 of 4 (125 Views)

11-19-2012 07:27 AM in reply to: loboarch

Thanks for the quick response.  Does Revit have such properties in architecture or structure?? Or is this something that I will have to create.  

This structure is typically a pole barn.

Thanks again!!

Employee
loboarch
Message 4 of 4 (111 Views)

11-19-2012 10:40 AM in reply to: RJK42

The wall tool in Revit does not allow creating a layer with a profile like this.  It would need to be added as a face family like this if you needed the profile modeled.  If it only needs to be represented in a plan and elevation you can probably do this with a material and the cut and surface fill pattern assignments.

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube