Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking CAD in a Section

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
chrisbeddis
251 Views, 1 Reply

Linking CAD in a Section

I am trying to link a cad file into a section. I have used the "manual - center" option when bringing it in but am getting the error message:

None of the created elements are visible in Section: A View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings.

Ordinarily when I bring cad data in using this method it will appear on the cursor and can be dropped where I want however I do get this problem intermittently, and it is never fixed by the following suggestions:

revealing hidden layers

checking layers are switched on in VG

expanding the crop region

I will then stumble across the linked file later in a different postion in the model.

As I said, sometimes this doesn't happen and the linked cad appears on my cursor conveniently. This is an ongoing issue with no solution found within my office or to my knowledge in these forums. 

Any suggestions appreciated.

Chris 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

try these:

1. use Center to Center not Origin to Origin  when inserting the linked CAD file ( the origin in AutoCAD is possible to be far away from the object)
  2. change Import Units to explicit insted of Auto Detect , and /or verify that the CAD file has the same Units with your Revit File
  3. the inserted file to be Orient to View 
  4. the insertion could be placed behind the Section Line. In Plan View look for  'line" of the insertiion file and drag it in front of the Section Line so to be make vsible.
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report