Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link not showing up

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
wantono
409 Views, 2 Replies

Link not showing up

I inserted a CAD link "this view only" and I cannot now get it to turn on in any other view. I used this option so I would not have to hide it in every view. Now do I have to delete it and start over inserting it so it shows up everywhere?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: wantono

Well, that is the exact function of "This View Only", is that it is imported as an annotation in that View, which can be seen in no others (aside from Dependent Views).

If you want to link a CAD file into your Project, but don't want to have to go and turn it off in every View, Import/Link the CAD file without "This View Only" selected and choose one of these methods:

A) Place the CAD import onto a dedicated Workset, and set that Workset to be off by default. Then, you can turn it on in only the Views in which you want to see it (via V/G Overrides > Worksets tab). The Project must be Workshared.

B) Create a new Design Option for the CAD file. Place the CAD import on a secondary option so that you will have to specifically make that Design Option Visible in a View in which you want to see it (via V/G Overrides > Design Options tab). The bonus/hindrance (depends on your situation) to this method is that the CAD import will generally be unseletable, unless that Design Option is active or the "Exclude Options" checkbox is cleared in the bottom right corner of the application.

EDIT: Yes, you'll have to remove the "Current View Only" versions and re-link/re-import it again without that option. As far as I know, there is no way to remove the "This View Only" setting for an existing import.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
wantono
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks. That helps so much and is the answer.

--
Ross Andrews, Architect
AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
Ross Andrews Architect, Inc.
7831 Nashville Street
Ringgold, GA 30736
706-935-6344 P/F 423-432-1135 cell
ross@rossandrewsarchitect.com
www.rossandrewsarchitect.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report