Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Mgmt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
doni49
172 Views, 2 Replies

Link Mgmt

I'm in the process of modeling several buildings that are all interconnected.  In an effort to keep the file size manageable, we want to do each building (and a portion of the corridor that connects them) in separate project files. 

We also have a C3D file that contains the civil site data (contours, bldg footprints, parking lots etc).  We also want to link the C3D file into the revit project(s) to show what the contours will look like outside.  I need to use the contours to know where the stairs will touch down.

Anyway -- I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around how to link them together while maintaining the coordinate info.

Does anyone know of any good tutorials out there on the subject?

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

it could be helpfull to look into Autodesk University- http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=classes&filter_keywords=&chunk=15&filter_material=&filter_personal=&filte... classes:

Especialy look for classes:

AB 5199

AB 3733

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Thanks.  I found the screencast especially helpful.  I've watched several of Paul's screencasts and I've always found them informative.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report