Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linework and Wall Joins

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mcobb
351 Views, 1 Reply

Linework and Wall Joins

I'm struggling through my first set of as-built documents using Revit.  The project is an old remodel and the existing walls are a mess; stud walls up against other stud walls, etc.  To simplify my efforts I've avoided representing the various internal wall layers.  Getting all those wall layers to wrap in a way that makes sense just got too complicated for this nooby.  I also discovered fairly late in the process that you can't hide the internal linework involved in a wall wrap.  That would have been good to know in the beginning.  So now I have these simpler walls but issues persist. For example, four walls come together in one intersection and I would like to be able to edit the wall linework with grips as I've seen in various web videos.  I did some research on this and discovered I needed to enable worksets to get this to work.  I did this and the grips appeared!  But when they appeared I still couldn't get the easy dragging functionality I saw in the videos.  Now they are gone and my worksharing is still enabled.  Is it worth struggling through the linework subtleties here or should I adopt some kind of cheesy white symbolic line workaround to solve these tricky wall joins?  Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,

Mike
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Eduardo2012
in reply to: mcobb

Hello Mike. I don't understand your issue here. When I see the image you submitted, all I can think of is that Revit automatically joins your 4 walls clean and neat. Even if all the 4 walls are different from each other, whenever you extend a wall into another the cleanup comes naturally in revit.

Please explain in more detail what do you want to use linework for. Linework is useful whenever you need to change the linetype of something, for example in an elevation where you want to emphasize your front wall with thicker lines, or when you use an underlay to represent overhead overhanging slabs or beams. But linework is not recommended nor highly used for walls in floorplans, it's not really necessary.

If you need to change the overall appearance of your wall lines in plan views, check the Object Styles topic. If you want to change them only in one view, check the Visibility Graphics topic. If you want to change one wall in particular, the best is to right click it and select "Override graphics in view--By Element".

Now going back to your linework questions, whenever you apply linework to an object ---Don't select or click on anything else--- and you will see blue dot grips appear at both ends of the line. You can grab them and see what happens when you drag them to one side or another.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report