Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line in Front of Annotation PDF print

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
damo3
511 Views, 2 Replies

Line in Front of Annotation PDF print

Hi All, 

I have a line based generic family, with a nested annotation family for text. The text has opaque background set, so the text sits over part of the line which cannot be seen behind the text. 

I insert the family and it works visually. Text hides the portion of line behind it. However, when i print to PDF, the line is visible and strikes through the text. 

Is this a glitch or something regarding annotation families in generic model families? 

Thanks for any help in advance.

p.s. I'm concerned with why opaque background text doesn't hide the line its over when in a family, not so much the purpose of the family which is simply an example to explain this unusual behaviour. 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
damo3
in reply to: damo3

Update: Nevermind, I worked it out. The nested text family needs to be made 'shared'. Then it conceals the line both in Revit and when printed to PDF. 

However, in making the text shared, it scales down very small, about x10 times smaller. I need to make the text size 30, to be equivalent size to a text in the project that is 3mm. Very unusual. So new question, anyone know why this is happening? I don't quite understand why or what is happening with that. unusual.

I can replicate this. Very simple to replicate, simply nest a generic text family onto a detail family. load it into a project. now go back and change the text to shared and update the detail family, reload into project and the text shrinks by approx scale less x10. 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: damo3

Dude, lifesaver! I was starting to looking into a masking region with a calculated width and all sorts of shenanigans. Now i can actually go home!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report