Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Base Family with Text Label

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tonkata
1348 Views, 3 Replies

Line Base Family with Text Label

I've created a line based family with a imported text label, but if I move the line to 45°, the text also moves 45°. Any way of keeping that text locked?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Tony,

what type of family is the Text Label imported into Generic Model Line Based Family? It couldn't be an Annotation Symbol..is it a Detail Item or what else?

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
tonkata
in reply to: tonkata

Constantin, I first created a annotation family, set it's parameter, then opened a Metric Detail Item line based, imported the saved annotation family, shared the parameters, drew a line, but like mentioned if I rotate the line 45°, the text rotates too.

Example:

line base.JPG

I tried both the Metric Detail Item line based, and the Metric Generic Model line based. Both result the same?

Message 4 of 4

Hi Tony,

try the attached .rfa to see if it suits you :

I used Generic Model with a nested Label.

1. draw two Reference Planes beside the two existing (that mark the origin of the line) in order to position the end of the line
  2. draw a Reference Line that conects the  two points . Lock its end points to reference planes (x and y)
  3. Dimensions X  and the angle . Y  will result by formula. All the parameters are Instance
  4. load the nested Label
  5. Load into the project
  6. strech to adjust X and control the angle from Properties...like in image below

Image 02.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report