Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Libraries/families not loaded when newly installed

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jenny
858 Views, 8 Replies

Libraries/families not loaded when newly installed

Hi,

In our office we newly installed Revit LT 2015. We are from earlier familiar with ArchiCAD.

When opening a new project - no (standard) families or libraries are included. When for example pushing the component-buttom it says "no familes are loaded - want to load a family". Hitting that buttom we'll find 2 or 3 basic windows to choose from. Of whom we can load into the project. This works - but I'm surprised there are very few families to choose from. Is something wrong - or is it supposed to be like this?

When comparing to ArchiCAD where there was a filled standard library - we might think something went wrong when installing Revit. Contents missing.. Are there external standard libraries/families that we can load into our program?

Thank you in advance,

Jenny

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
maciejwypych
in reply to: jenny

Hi Jenny,

ArchiCAD and Revit handle the libraries slightly different.

In Revit the number of families loaded in a new project depends on the template that you are using.
I'm not 100% sure about the content that is provided with LT but I'm guessing that you are starting your project with a basic metric or imperial templates.
When you create a new project Revit asks about which template to use. Try to loading a different one's to see the difference. (The default location for template files is C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\<your revit version>\Templates)

If the content is missing, see if it is installed correctly - check out this post for details (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Revit-2015-Family-Template-File-location/td-p/49575...

There is additional content available to download from http://seek.autodesk.com/. You can also check out http://www.revitcity.com/downloads.php.

Apart from that, I'd strongly encourage you to create your own template with content that you will actually need and which would be set up to your office standard for linework, text, annotation etc...
Message 3 of 9
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: jenny

As the content is downloaded during installation, network issues can sometimes cause issues like this.

If you have not already, I would review the following document which has steps for reinstalling content (or installing new content):

Revit 2015: Templates and families not installed

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 4 of 9
mzouch
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

I had Revit 2014 and it had project templates  and families with it, for example Residential, Construction, Ext. I upgraded to Revit 2015 and it doesn't have any of these. I teach an Architecture class and we depend on the use of these templates and families all of the time.

I tried to follow the trouble shooting guide and go to the  Control Panel/Programs and Features and find the Autodesk Revit Content Libaries 2015 and Add or Remove features, but I can not find Autodesk Revit Content Libaries 2015 at all. a photo is attached.

Message 5 of 9
ennujozlagam
in reply to: mzouch

hi have you try this.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 9
mzouch
in reply to: ennujozlagam

yes I have already tried that. The 2015 Autodesk Revit Content Libraries do
not show up under programs and features so I can not select them.
picture attached

--

********************************************************************************************
WARNING: All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received, scanned
or otherwise recorded by the USD 428 e-mail system and is subject to
archival, monitoring or review by, and/or disclosure to, someone other than
the recipient.

********************************************************************************************
Message 7 of 9
ennujozlagam

hi you can check from here. thanks. hope it helps.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture/revit-2014-default-families-templates-not-installin...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 8 of 9
mzouch
in reply to: ennujozlagam

when I click on the forums.autodesk link it just sends me to a page that says

An invalid set of parameters have been specified in the url.

Message 9 of 9
David_W_Koch

Looks like the URL got pasted in twice.  Try this link.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report