Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level Lists

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
PhilvK
1475 Views, 1 Reply

Level Lists

I started with a file with just 2 levels named Level 1 and Level 2. I then switched to an elevation view, copied Level 1 down, and renamed it to "Footing", but the new layer does not appear in the Floor Plans list in the Project Browser.  What’s the correct way to do this?

In the same file, I inserted an AutoCAD file, traced the walls, and added a footing. The footing however does not appear. I know I am doing something wrong, but can’t figure out what. Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

• You will see that the Level Head in Elevation View of your copied level is black not blue as the other's Level's Heads.That means that the new made Level has no attached View.

In order to allocate a View to this Level:  View > Create > Plan Views >Floor Plan > New Floor Plan - select the New Created Level - OK . Now you will have the View of the Level in Project Browses and the Level Head will be blue.

• The Footing Wall use Depth not Height option when inserted. That means that this wall will be not cut in your ground level.

In order to view it , increase the View Range > Bottom and View Depth values (use negative value) to show elements under the selected Level

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report