Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level Datums - Project Units - Survey Point vs Project Base Point

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
revitus
1402 Views, 2 Replies

Level Datums - Project Units - Survey Point vs Project Base Point

Architect's display Level Datum's in Fractional Feet and Inches, such as First Floor 100'-0".

Civil uses Decimal Feet to express the FFE, such as 372.90'.

Wouldn't it be great if we could associate Project Units to each Elevation Base Type (in Type Properties Dialog of System Family: Level), so Project Base Point could be set to Fractional Feet and Inches and Survey Point could be set to Decimal Feet (or any other Units)?  That way, when we toggle between the two, the units reported would update automatically and correctly, in line with industry standards.

If this possibility already exists, please enlighten me.

For now, I guess I'll submit this through the Feedback Form and add it to the AUGI Wish List.

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lanl
in reply to: revitus

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately, Revit doesn't have such function currently, the project units will not be driven by the level setting.

I would also encourage you to log enchancement request with the link below when you think anything needed to be improved. Our product design team will read all the submitted forms.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 3
kpollem
in reply to: revitus

See if this helps you as much as it's helped me:

http://www.screencast.com/t/m5zHT1uSI6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report