Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (333 Views)

Legends still limited in 2011?

333 Views, 2 Replies
07-12-2010 05:37 PM

Hi all,

are legends still Tag "unfriendly" in 2011?

basically, things like Door, Wall and Windows graphic schedules need to be fill in using dumb text? All types, notes, names... type mark?

Just wondering if anything has been done in 2011...

Right now I am still carefully overlapping a legend and a schedule to make my partition types sheet, but its ugly when a new type comes in, and you need to move the legend elements around manually to match the schedule order.

It feels so natural that the first thing one wants to do once you drag an element into a legend view is to, well, tag it...

thank you

regards

gio

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 3 (316 Views)

Re: Legends still limited in 2011?

07-13-2010 04:56 AM in reply to: gsucci

gsucci wrote:

Hi all,

are legends still Tag "unfriendly" in 2011?

The only option so far for adding tags or section marks in legends is the Symbol tool, but of course, these will be dumb annotation symbols with no BIM-like association.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Active Contributor
jesser
Message 3 of 3 (89 Views)

Re: Legends still limited in 2011?

05-04-2011 09:15 AM in reply to: gsucci

I have read many posts and the work around is similiar, using a non-associated symbol.  Of course this is one place where mistakes will happen, when tags get changed or modified.

What is the update for fixing this issue if any.  This is a minor issue when comparing how much time REVIT saves with it's BIM technology, but I guess I am hoping that it is a minor fix.  Graphic legends in lieu of a schedule are used quite frequenlty by Architecture firms and it would be nice if tags can be used in legends.

Thanks,

Jesse Remick

CAD Admin/Project Manager

Black River Design, Architects

Jesse Remick

"Sometimes the solution is so clear you see right through it."

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube