Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legends still limited in 2011?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gsucci
429 Views, 2 Replies

Legends still limited in 2011?

Hi all,

are legends still Tag "unfriendly" in 2011?

basically, things like Door, Wall and Windows graphic schedules need to be fill in using dumb text? All types, notes, names... type mark?

Just wondering if anything has been done in 2011...

Right now I am still carefully overlapping a legend and a schedule to make my partition types sheet, but its ugly when a new type comes in, and you need to move the legend elements around manually to match the schedule order.

It feels so natural that the first thing one wants to do once you drag an element into a legend view is to, well, tag it...

thank you

regards

gio

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: gsucci

@gsucci wrote:

Hi all,

are legends still Tag "unfriendly" in 2011?

The only option so far for adding tags or section marks in legends is the Symbol tool, but of course, these will be dumb annotation symbols with no BIM-like association.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
jesser
in reply to: gsucci

I have read many posts and the work around is similiar, using a non-associated symbol.  Of course this is one place where mistakes will happen, when tags get changed or modified.

What is the update for fixing this issue if any.  This is a minor issue when comparing how much time REVIT saves with it's BIM technology, but I guess I am hoping that it is a minor fix.  Graphic legends in lieu of a schedule are used quite frequenlty by Architecture firms and it would be nice if tags can be used in legends.

Thanks,

Jesse Remick

CAD Admin/Project Manager

Black River Design, Architects

Jesse Remick

"Sometimes the solution is so clear you see right through it."
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report