Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Contours

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JustBrev
3715 Views, 3 Replies

Label Contours

I have two project files; one is the topography/site and its titled (site.rvt) , the other is the building and is titled (building.rvt).

In order to complete the architectural document set I have linked (site.rvt) into (building.rvt). this allows for completion of the site plan and other civil details. Note: The civil/site work is not sufficient to necessitate a civil drawing set.

My question: how can i label the contours of the linked file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: JustBrev

The site needs to be tagged in Site.rvt, in the Site view. Then, in Building.rvt, in your Site view, after inserting Site.rvt as a link, go to Visibility Graphics > Revit links > Display settings > By host view > Custom > "By linked view" > Site. That will bring the settings of the Site view from the linked file, into the Site view of the host file, showing the tags.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
JustBrev
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Perfect, Thankyou

Message 4 of 4
chrisf
in reply to: JustBrev

Note for anyone else searching for this -- this option is not available in Revit LT (you can't control the visibility of linked files at all in LT). Does anyone know of another solution that works in LT?

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report