Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2013 - Modify Railings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tbryanm
744 Views, 7 Replies

LT 2013 - Modify Railings

The following is straight from WikiHelp....

To modify the sketch line of the railing, click Modify | Railings tabMode panel Edit Path.

However, everything after"click Modify | Railings tab" does not appear anywhere on my screen. The only active editing tools are 'Pick a New Host' & 'Reset Rail'. Am I missing something? Is there a special Revit handshake of dance that I need to know?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: tbryanm

If the current view is not a perspective view, you should see this after selecting the railing:

2-7-2013 6-21-24 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8
bcarriere
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I think we both need to do a special song and dance!

Alfredo, are you using FULL Revit or Revit LT? Edit Paths does not appear as an option when I select a railing in Revit LT in plan view. See attached.

Message 4 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: bcarriere

I use the full Revit, and my 30 day trial of Revit LT expired soon, so I can't test it in LT. 😞

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 8
bcarriere

Have you tried double clicking the railing? That will take you into (what I call) sketch mode which allows you to edit the path of the railing, but it's tricky

I hope this helps! I still wish we had an area for Revit LT to eliminate the explanations/limitations to get straight to the solutions...

Message 6 of 8
ben
Community Visitor
in reply to: bcarriere

Spot on, nice one. Generally need to be in a plan view to edit.
Message 7 of 8
David_W_Koch

Do you have .NET 4.5 installed on your computer?  There is an issue with the Ribbons in Revit 2013 (and 2012) on computers where .NET 4.5 has been installed.  For the full version of Revit, Update Release 2 fixes this issue.  (There is a hot fix for the 2012 version.)  I am not certain if the updates will work with the "LT" version, however.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 8
bcarriere
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David,

This update does not apply to Revit LT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report