Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keynotes and leaders

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DParkGForce
1420 Views, 3 Replies

Keynotes and leaders

Is there some trick to getting keynotes with leaders to behave properly?

When I insert a keynote I have to spend too much time fiddling with them to get the leader to be horizontal. If it is a single line note they will be straight and level but the text placement is above the line even though I have my text set to middle justified.

With keynotes that are at an angle I want the short leg to be horizontal but they ALWAYS are at odd angles. There is no snap to make them horizontal when moving the text or nodes.I want the short leg to be at the middle of the text but I have been unable to get this to happen.

I don't know if this is normal or whether this keynote family has been modified but I have to fix this. Text with a leader behaves the way I am expecting it to. Keynotes should behave the same way. We use keynotes for details and sections with full text notes and not just keynote numbers.

Thanks in advance

Windows 7
RAC2012
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I can't see the issues you describe. In the attached illustration, I provide 3 clicks, and the keynote always looks centered, and the second segment is horizontal. Maybe your annotation family is different?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
DParkGForce
in reply to: DParkGForce

I think this keynote was modified at some point before I came along. I am not sure what I need to change to make it behave.

There is no reference or anything in this keynote family so I had to reposition the text manually until it looked properly when inserted. I got it to behave with left justified text when the leader is on the right but  if it is reversed it is all messed up again. Is it standard practice to have a left and right keynote tag in Revit?

Windows 7
RAC2012
Message 4 of 4

Did you ever find the answer to this issue?  I am having the same concerns with fiddling with the keynote after placement. 

to clarify, I experience the issue when Keynote Text is chosen and the text extends to 2 or more lines.  The leader 'bounces down' to the 'middle align' position.  Single line works just fine though ...

It would be nice to be able to control the 1st line and restrict it to a particular angle ... say 75d. 

Ian Shafer
Graham Hoffart Mathiasen Architects
Surrey, BC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report