Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keynote Legend - the entire legend?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3454 Views, 9 Replies

Keynote Legend - the entire legend?

I would like to add a Master Keynote Legend on a drawing that shows my entire keynote list regardless of whether or not it is used in the project.  I have a keynote legend filtered per sheet but I also want another sheet that shows the full keynote list even if I haven't placed all of them in a view.  Is this possible?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Create 2 legends. One, filtered by sheet, and the other one (the master list) not filtered.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

That doesn't work either.  All that does is provide a master list of the keynotes used in the whole project.  I want the master list of my entire keynote list; even the one's not keynoted in the project.  I have a .txt file with my master list and the keynote legends are drawing from that list.  There are some that I haven't keynoted in the project but still want to show on a master list on a view.

Message 4 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

Then, simply create a text, and paste the entire content of your .txt file there. Revit can create keynote legends of the keynotes that you have used in the project, not from the ones that you have not used.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

There is a lot of notes which would result in a lot of formatting of text.  I was hoping to avoid that option.  Also, if a note changes in the .txt file I don't want to have to update the other list.  From what I can tell Revit isn't the best text editor. Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Giving up all hope I ended up just inserting all of the keynotes in a separate view and then cropped them out of view.  It works but it wasn't ideal.

Message 7 of 10
remondi

Has anyone came across a way to implement this yet? I don't want to paste all my keynotes into a text box, and I don't want to drop every keynote I have in a random view.. anything helps.

Message 8 of 10
nmelim
in reply to: remondi

Five years later and I still can't find a solution to this... all of our G-series sheets are a separate revit file so I need it to list out every possible keynote in the .txt file. Does anyone have a solution? 

Message 9 of 10
pcoyne
in reply to: nmelim

I would love to learn the solution as well

Message 10 of 10
SteveKStafford
in reply to: pcoyne

Create a drafting view, create/use a simple (box or circle) detail item family and place a User Keynote. Repeat for all of the keynotes that are available in your project. Do this in your project template so you don't have to do it every time. If there are too many for one view to fit on a sheet, use add'l views. Create a separate Keynote Legend that does not Filter by Sheet, put it on your sheet.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report