Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keynote Details

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
H0LT
2050 Views, 4 Replies

Keynote Details

We have details that are 2D detail lines only, no components. We want to be able to use keynotes to enforce standard labels.

The old posts I found say it is not possible to use keynotes in this situation. Is that still true in Revit 2011?

I did find I could create a family of a single short line & use user keynotes repeatedly to get the labels I want and them move them to the correct location. The line does have to remain visible. Is there a better way as this is fairly clunky.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: H0LT

Yes, it is still not possible to keynote a detail made of just lines. You need detail components. But, if you are doing a workaround anyway, you may want to consider this other one:

A simple generic annotation family, with one label for a text instance parameter such as "Id" or "Key", and a rectangle around the label, so that it looks like a keynote tag. Then, load this family into the project, into the drafting view, and from the project browser find the family and use Create instance. Then select the annotation family and, from the ribbon, find "add leader". The "id" or "key" value has to be entered manually of course, and will not be linked in any way to the keynote file, but it can have the correct reference, if the users looks up a table of keynotes before entering the value.

See illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
regalith
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Wow how can they get away with this.  

I have been implimenting keynotes right up to the detailing and now I have to go back to dumb keynotes.  This is just another place where the program is only half written.  We are working with Beta software here.

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: regalith

@regalith wrote:

Wow how can they get away with this.  

I have been implimenting keynotes right up to the detailing and now I have to go back to dumb keynotes.  This is just another place where the program is only half written.  We are working with Beta software here.

I disagree. If your details contain detail components, you can use keynotes. You just can't keynote lines. It is not the software is half written, it's that your details need to be migrated to Revit's methods. Your can't have parametric details with just lines, so in the long run it would be better for you if your details were made of detail components that can respond to parameters.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: regalith

Sounds more like you're working with Beta details.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report