Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Shortcuts - Revit Arch 2010

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
revitus
434 Views, 3 Replies

Keyboard Shortcuts - Revit Arch 2010

Hello,

My firm will be upgrading to 2010 in the short future. Can anyone tell me if the customized keyboard shortcut.txt file from '09 is safe to be used in '10?

It's going to be challenging enough just to locate all of the tools in the completely redesigned context-sensitive ribbon. At least knowing the alias of the commands would undoubtedly help.

Thanks in advance for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: revitus

2009 keyboardshortcuts .txt file should NOT be
used with revit 2010.  All of the commands are now different due to the
"ribbon".

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Hello,
My firm will be upgrading to 2010 in the short future. Can anyone tell me if
the customized keyboard shortcut.txt file from '09 is safe to be used in '10?
It's going to be challenging enough just to locate all of the tools in the
completely redesigned context-sensitive ribbon. At least knowing the alias of
the commands would undoubtedly help. Thanks in advance for your
help.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

On Thu, 14 May 2009 13:51:50 +0000, scottl-gai wrote:

> Hello, My firm will be upgrading to 2010 in the short future. Can anyone tell me if the customized keyboard shortcut.txt file from '09 is safe to be used in '10? It's going to be challenging enough just to locate all of the tools in the
> completely redesigned context-sensitive ribbon. At least knowing the alias of the commands would undoubtedly help. Thanks in advance for your help.

No.. The KeyboardShortcuts.txt file is 100% Completely different.

Thankfully I had only added one 'shortcut' in my previous version ('09)
Message 4 of 4
lauragquesnell

The keyboard shortcuts in 2010 are much more in-depth and lengthly due to each tab on the ribbon having its own set of commands and there are many more places where sub-commands are used. Be sure to use the 'find' command when you want to customize any command as simple as making something like "DL" for creating detail lines, you will find it in 4 different places (ribbon tabs). I do like that addition of more commands to customize that I personally use often.

Happy Customizing,
Laura Q

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report