Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal File Directory Location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
508 Views, 2 Replies

Journal File Directory Location

Does anyone know how to modify where the journal files are created in Revit? Because of admin restrictions, Revit does not write the Journal files into the directory located in the Program Files location. Is there a way to assign where the Journal TXT files are written to? Let me know Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Right click the Revit shortcut and select Properties from the context menu. In the "Start in:" field change the path to where ever you want the journal files to be placed. hth jason "Lawrence Garcia" wrote in message news:424dd0ef$1_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone know how to modify where the journal files are created in > Revit? Because of admin restrictions, Revit does not write the Journal > files into the directory located in the Program Files location. Is there a > way to assign where the Journal TXT files are written to? Let me know > Thanks. > > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There are cases when this advice may not work. For example starting Revit by double clicking on rvt file. "jason martin [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:424dd2e6$1_1@newsprd01... > Right click the Revit shortcut and select Properties from the context > menu. In the "Start in:" field change the path to where ever you want the > journal files to be placed. > > hth > > jason > > "Lawrence Garcia" wrote in message > news:424dd0ef$1_2@newsprd01... >> Does anyone know how to modify where the journal files are created in >> Revit? Because of admin restrictions, Revit does not write the Journal >> files into the directory located in the Program Files location. Is there >> a way to assign where the Journal TXT files are written to? Let me know >> Thanks. >> >> >> > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report