Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining three walls

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
549 Views, 3 Replies

Joining three walls

I have an exterior wall (CMU with brick veneer and interior metal furring/gypsum) that has a corner and am trying to join with an interior metal framed gypsum wall and a CMU structural pilaster furred out (made from the wall function) but no matter how I try to join or connect them there are issues with the "join".  Either the CMU pilaster shows metal framing going through it and you dont see the CMU pilaster portion or !  Does anyone know how to resolve this?  These are all wall components (Exterior wall, Interior wall, Pilaster).

I have tried to...

1. "Disallow join" so I can butt the interior wall to the pilaster

2.  "Allow join" doesn't work.

2.  "Wall Join" function doesnt work.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: Anonymous

The finishes are not joining because of the priorities. The structural core part have a priority of 1, which makes them the top priority and they will join before anything else. If you could provide an image on how you want them joined, maybe we could assist you better.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: AJA14

This is what we are trying to achieve, see attachement

Message 4 of 4
spike14me
in reply to: Anonymous

As well as the Clean-up group (priority) you must also match the material and have the furring in the core boundary.  I then use an architectural column as the wrap condition and a structural column for the pilaster.  You will find that Revit will still fight you tooth and nail with minor clean-up discrepencies (You should get a laugh at me stuggling with this at the end of the video!)  Good Luck you may need it.

https://vimeo.com/93577292

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report