Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues opening Revit 2011 files with Revit Architect 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jodyb17
1088 Views, 5 Replies

Issues opening Revit 2011 files with Revit Architect 2014

We recently have come across an issue with opening files created in 2011 with Revit Architecure 2014. Several errors come up and some modeling is not showing up. Is this a known issue? I've done a quick search and have not come across anything in the forums.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jodyb17

Try upgrading the Project step-by-step in lieu of straight to 2014. At the very least, try upgrading it to Revit 2013 first, and then to 2014.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
jodyb17
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks I will try that. Do you know if this is a known problem experienced by others? It seems like this could be a serious problem if one would ever need to open an old project given the fact that subsciption owners can only run previous versions going back two years.

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

I know that there ARE many known and unknown issues when upgrading projects (usually due to the amount of change in the Program itself between releases), one such being with certain handrails when upgrading from 2013 to 2014. I don't know if what you're experiencing is the same as what others have experienced, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
jodyb17
in reply to: CoreyDaun

OK. Is there a list where the known issues are compiled? It might affect how we model in the future.

Message 6 of 6
Lineabove

Is there Batch Convert utility available which would scan your drive and determine the Revit version a project was created with and then batch convert any non-current Revit files to the currently installed Revit version ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report