Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues importing FBX file from Revit Arch 2011 into 3D Studio Max 2011

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
hagoyo
2162 Views, 16 Replies

Issues importing FBX file from Revit Arch 2011 into 3D Studio Max 2011

Currently running Revit Architecture 2011 with web update 2 service pack - I export an FBX file from a 3d view and when I import into 3D studio max 2011, it acts like it is doing something but then there is absolutely no geometry.  Updated the FBX plugin from autodesk but this did not correct this issue. 

Last Friday the FBX files imported as usual into 3D studio - I then installed the update and now the FBX files simply do not import in 3D studio. 

Is anyone else confronting this issue?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: hagoyo

did you install the service pack for max 2011?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

I have exactly same problem.

anyone can help this issue?

Message 4 of 17
paulmonsef

Have you tried linking the FBX file?

Paul Monsef
http://monsefdesign.com/

Message 5 of 17
rdc9306

What's the dang deal.  I downloaded the latest FBX conversion plugin and it looks like it is doing something, but no geometry appears on the screen.  Any ideas???

Message 6 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: rdc9306

did you apply the updates for max and revit?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 17
rdc9306
in reply to: DarrenP

yes, I downloaded and installed them.

Message 8 of 17
rdc9306

I am attempting to update Revit 2011 and keep getting the error message:  "The service pack could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product could not be located on your computer.  make sure that yhou are using the correct service pack for the product. "

Anyone know how to get it to install?

Message 9 of 17
DarrenP

make sure your using 32 bit for 32 bit  64 bit for 64 bit

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 17
rdc9306
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, I downloaded both of them.  It doesn't ask me the proper location of either on my hard drive.  I've tried executing them individually as well as "run from the internet".

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

Same exact problem, it worked fine before, and out of no where its not working, it loads all the families names and all, then it just stays blank?? I zoom out, go in top view everything, no geometry whatsoever, very annoying! If anyone knows a solution please let me know, I'd appreciate it so much.

Message 12 of 17
ryan.duell

I would make sure all of the items in the post below have been verified:

Revit 2011 FBX to 3ds Max 2011 Tips

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 13 of 17
hagoyo
in reply to: Anonymous

the only work around that works every time is by using Revit Architecture 2012 - of course this also means using 3DS Max 2012 - works well but i realize not everyone will be able to upgrade to 2012. 

Message 14 of 17
rdc9306

I installed Revit 2012 and the FBX converter sees the model, but no textures or materials.  Anyone got any suggestions??/?

-Robert

Message 15 of 17
hagoyo

Our fix was to use 3D Studio Max 2012 - it sees all of the textures and materials. 

Message 16 of 17
rdc9306

I brought the file into 3rd max 2012 and exported it into Unity. This time it read the fbm file. However, there were no material assignments just only material names. Autodesk wrote me saying that is the best you can get. Is this what you have found, or did you get the materials and textures to come in?
Message 17 of 17
hagoyo

we got it all to work...materials and textures, bummer that it's not working on your end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report