Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with viewing the floor plan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tinglerb
251 Views, 4 Replies

Issue with viewing the floor plan

I am working on a project in Revit 2012 that has a floor plan and a structural floor plan.  When I pull up the project in 3D mode I see everything that I worked one.  When I go to the structural floor plan I see everything as well, but when I go to the regular floor plan I see nothing at all.  I tried zooming to fit, zoom all to fit, and other ways to zoom in.  The only way I am able to see the floor plan is when I go to the Work Plan Viewer on the ribbon.  Any advice?  Thank you for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

It looks like you work in a Structural Template...

Try this:

With nothing selected in View, RC and from contextual menu choose :Apply Template ti Current View...Under NAMES..choose Architectural Plan.....

You can also with a selected wall ( in one of the Views that you seen) to have a look on Properties >Structural...check or uncheck this option as you want to have a structural or partition wall

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
tinglerb
in reply to: tinglerb

Thank you for your help.  It is strange because when I went in to try your suggestion the architectual floor plan was showing. I am not sure why sometimes it shows and sometimes it does not.

Message 4 of 5
tinglerb

I am still having this issue.  I went in and made sure that the view was architecture and not structural.  I am not sure what is going on.

Message 5 of 5
Joe.Charpentier

Great post (and a long thread) about 33 possible reasons why you can't see your stuff over at RevitForums.org....

http://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-tips-tricks/441-cant-see-view-heres-33-reasons.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report