Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue/Transmittal Sheet

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
12075 Views, 21 Replies

Issue/Transmittal Sheet

Is it possible to do an Issue Sheet in Revit?  I understand they are not standard practice in the US, but they are in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand (and possibly elsewhere).

An Issue Sheet has drawing names/numbers in rows down the left, dates issued across the top, and the revision letters occupying the central grid.

It is a time consuming task to maintain an Issue Sheet and is prone to human error. It would be great if Revit can do it.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello GCHB - yes you can create an issue list. It takes a little time to create the parameters you want to use and then build the schedule but you can do it.. i have made a quick schedule to show. It would be a person filling in the appropriate info thought - so still prone to human error.

Does this help - or am i missing something more?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: LisaDrago

Many thanks Lisa. I've attached a sample, done in a spreadsheet program.

Given all the individual pieces of information (sheet name, sheet number, revision number, revision date, etc) are already in the Revit database, I was expecting there would be a way Revit could populate and automatically update an Issue Sheet.

Message 4 of 22
LisaDrago

Well - while many things in Revit can be automated - you would still have to specify what sheets you intend to issues in a package.

It has been a while since I have had to pull a package together... maybe someone else could give a little more insight on this.

you have almost 50 views.. hopefully someone else will comment.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous

Thanks Lisa. All the Issue Sheets I've ever seen list all drawings on the project; it acts as a one-page summary of all issued drawings and revisions on the project. A way breaking it into sub-groups of drawings could be useful, but initially I was just looking for the industry standard all-in sheet.

It would be good to hear from an Autodesk moderator. I say this as the ability to automate Issue Sheet updating would be definitely noticed amongst the practicing architects of the countries I mentioned. Vectorworks can do it, put requires a plugin. Unsure about Bentley or Graphisoft.

Message 6 of 22
jbc
Enthusiast

This plug-in will be available soon and looks promising. Check it out at

www.xrev.com.au

Gregg

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: jbc

It looks like you need the Pro version to do the industry standard 'matrix' issue sheet (as I uploaded). Good to know this is coming Greg. It's surprising however it's not part of Revit Architecture's offer, as most architects will have a need for it

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous

Three years late, does anyone know if Autodesk have rectified this rather important omission?
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous

I don't know if anything has been done about it.  I'd be grateful if someone could let me know if so - Thanks.

Message 10 of 22
David_W_Koch

We have a Revit Schedule set up that lists the Sheets that are in a project, and then has a column for each "issue".  A project parameter that applies to Sheets is created for each issue, and an "X" is entered into that parameter for each sheet that is part of a given issue.  Unfortunately, this is not pulling from the Revit revision data to automatically have a sheet show as being part of a given issue.  We also have several other parameters that are hidden in that schedule, so that the disciplines appear in the desired order and the sheets can be sorted within each discipline in the desired order (also used to sort in the Project Browser).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous

It's a step in the right direction, but what's needed is actually more simple and powerful as it shows the revision letter/number which is critical.  So to repeat, what is needed, and what should not really be difficult for Revit to produce if Autodesk put some time into it is:

Drawings listed on one axis, dates listed on the other, and revision numbers/letters in the middle.

Why isn't this possible, and easy??

Message 12 of 22
David_W_Koch

The "X" we typically add could just as easily be the revision number/letter.  And the column header in the schedule could be the issue date.  But it would still have to be done manually, which would not fall in the "easy" category.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous

Agree with gchb 100% here, all the info is already in Revit and 90% of issue sheets are very similar, this really shouldn't be hard for autodesk and would be very useful
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous

Don't hold your breath.....

Really as mentioned it should be relatively easy given the resources at autodesks disposal.  The information is already there.

We have in the Revisions tab every revision available with issue comments and the dates of each issue.  As well, the sheets have each revision, so it's a correlation of that data.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous

Message 16 of 22
JoseOliveira81

@Anonymous,

We are currently looking for this 'historic revision schedule' and in the beginning of next year, we will launch a new free Revit plugin.

Have a look on our website in case you are interested to use any of the current free Revit plugins available.

Jose Oliveira
Founder of DiRoots
https://diroots.com/
Tags (3)
Message 17 of 22

Hi John - We have a very similar issue that we are trying to resolve, and a plugin sounds useful. Do you have a link to where it can be found?

Thanks

Andy

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: abakerfalkner
Message 19 of 22
juan.martinsruas

It's been 9 years already... Is this a thing already?

Message 20 of 22
j.muntz

I have come across this free Revit addin tool that exports the revision history for each sheet to an Excel doc. It just won't have the distribution list and any other info like file format and issue method etc.. worth a try.

Currently only compatible with Revit 2018 , 2017 , 2016 , 2015

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=1910460747123701851&appLang=en&os=Win64&autostart=t...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report