Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Survey Point Elevation Base broken ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jfmonod
1412 Views, 3 Replies

Is the Survey Point Elevation Base broken ?

Hello,

I am trying to set up a topo in Revit 2014 Update 2. I have a survey with points shown from NGVD. I have (2) Level types with the Elevation Base set to Project Base Point and Survey Point respectively. The Project Base Point is 34'-0" above the Survey Point. Even so both levels show the same value. The Survey Point is not being read as a Datum by my Survey Level even though the Elevation Base is set to Survey Point. Is this a known issue and if so is there a workaround ? There does not currently seem to be a way to enter point elevations and have the topo appear at the correct height. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jfmonod
in reply to: jfmonod

See attached illustration. Level 1's Elevation Base has been changed to "Survey Point". I moved the Survey Point to be on Level 1. By my understanding, Level 1 should now read 0'-0". Instead it is still showing as being 16'-0" above Project Base Point. Setting Base Elevation to "Survey Point" does not change the Level Elevation value. 

Can anyone comment on this ?

Thanks,

JF

Message 3 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: jfmonod

Can you purge and upload that project test file here? There might be other settings that are affecting this, but are not visible in your images.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 4
jfmonod
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Ok. Sorry. I have found a way to do what I was hoping for. I don't know if this means that the Survey Point elevation base is still broken though.
When starting a Revit model, rename the default Level 1 to NGVD, and change its Base Elevation to Survey Point. It will always be at a 0' base elevation. Then rename Level 2 to Level 1 and move up from there. Edit Project base point elevation to whatever Level 1 (formerly Level 2) is and set that as Project Base zero. So now NGVD reads 0' and so does Level 1.

I thought you could copy a level DOWN below Level 1, rename it NGVD and move the Survey point down to match but that's not the case. The zero point is wherever Level 1 is at the beginning of the project and will not move.
Now if you create a Topo hosted in the NGVD workplane, you can enter point elevation values straight from the survey and have them appear at the correct height.

That was a bit wordy but I hope it gets the point across. Long story long changing the Survey Point elevation doesn't work, but it doesn't matter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report