Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection problem between building pad and toposurface

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
J.Matos
3516 Views, 11 Replies

Intersection problem between building pad and toposurface

Hello! I couldn't find an answer to my problem; if there is one, I apologize in advance.

The problem is this: I have a platform that represents the entrance to the terrain in which the house is located. This platform (created with a building pad) is adjacent to a ramp (built also with the building pad). However, an infinitely thin slice of terrain remains as both building pads intersect with the toposurface. Here is a screenshot:

Intersection problem

What can I do to prevent this? The two objects touch each other, and the revit programing prevents me from drawing one inside another (as you know)...

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: J.Matos

I would suggest to edit the boundary of one of the pads using "pick lines" and using the edge of the adjacent pad as a reference. That should resultin two pads sharing the same edge but without any gap in between.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 12
J.Matos
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi! I tried to do that, but unfortunately the problem remains. Strangely, as you can see from the attached image, the problem only occurs when the union is convex, and not concave.

Junction problems

Message 4 of 12
Alfredo_Medina

This can be done by other means, such as a subregion on the site, a floor with modified points, or a ramp.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 12
J.Matos

If it's not too much trouble, could you elaborate about one (or more) of the options you mentioned? I'm still beginning to learn, and I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

Message 6 of 12
Alfredo_Medina

There is an example about using subregions, in Wikihelp at this link:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/0135-Prelimin135/0170-Site_Des170/0...

Message 7 of 12
J.Matos

I appreciate all the sugestions you gave, and I've tried them all. But, alas, none of them are working...

Thanks for all the support, though!

Message 8 of 12
kfielding

This is a known problem, other people have blogged about this in the past.

The solution instead of the slope arrow having a negative value, it must be at least 0.  So change the offset for the pad to the negative value, and have the slope go upwards from there.

Hopefully the attached images will explain clearer than my text.

Kevin Fielding
BIM Manager, AEW Architects
Manchester, UK

If my post solves your issue, please accept this as a solution and give me a thumbs up!
Tags (2)
Message 9 of 12
J.Matos
in reply to: kfielding

Thanks for your solution! It was simple, and solved my problem 🙂

Message 10 of 12
albertopola
in reply to: kfielding

Many thanks for this tip, I solved my problem of intersection between level -1 and ramp.

Bye

Message 11 of 12
ryan.duell
in reply to: albertopola

Revit 2016 should improve conditions where building pads meet (especially for sloped building pads).

Ryan Duell
Message 12 of 12
sgunnisHNAP9

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report