Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Autodesk Revit Architecture on a new computer?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
benharrison17
393 Views, 3 Replies

Installing Autodesk Revit Architecture on a new computer?

I currently still have almost 900 days of my Revit license left but I will be purchasing a new computer (as I would like a better specification computer) before then. I know the software can only be installed on one computer at a time, but is there anyway of transferring a license/software by installing it off an old computer in order to use it on a new computer.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi benharrison17,

Yes, there is a way to transfer your license to a new computer. Nearly all Autodesk software versions 2010 and later come with a standalone program called License Transfer Utility which allows you to export your license from the old computer and import it into the new one.

For more details on where to find and how to use the LTU, please click here.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 4

From START menu > All Programs > Autodesk > Revit 2014 (2013, 2012 wich one you have..) , click to expand > License Transfer Utility- Revit 2014 ( 13, 12)......Transfer the license on the seconf computer .

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

but, please, see first the movie recomanded by Camilo , in order to understand well the process .

I had problems before when PLU was used for this purpose ( I exported the license and  I was not able to import back anymore in the other computer. I lost it somewhere. So I had to call Autodesk to solve the problem....) . I use OLT only once and it seems that is a better method...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report