Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting sheets

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jesser
385 Views, 6 Replies

Inserting sheets

I am attempting to insert sheets from our default template which is currently evolving as we have recently made the transition to REVIT.

I have set up a few sheets in our default file that have legend views placed.  These are our standard notes and need to be edited for each project but gives the user a starting point with our standards. 

For projects that were started before these sheets were set up in the default file I am trying to get those sheets into those projects as seamlessly as possible.  What would be the best method to do so?  It seems that if the sheets have legend views placed on them then they are not available to insert from file.  Is copying and pasting the information the best alternative right now?  Is there a different way that I am missing to insert sheets in their entirety.

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse Remick

"Sometimes the solution is so clear you see right through it."
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LisaDrago
in reply to: jesser

For your existing projects, you can copy the new legends to your existing projects and manually set up the sheets. You are not able to copy a sheet from one project to another. 

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 7
LisaDrago

by the way - love your tag line! So true...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 7
jesser

Thanks for the answer and the appreciation!

Just so I am clear though, by copying do you mean opening the legend, selecting all contents and copying and then pasting into a legend in another file.  Or do you mean by inserting from file?

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse Remick

Message 5 of 7
LisaDrago

Yes - you would need to copy the contents of the legend from one legend to another.

Hopefully - you don't have too may projects or legends to copy!

LD

Message 6 of 7
jesser
in reply to: LisaDrago

Okay that is what I thought. 

Perhaps I am setting things up in a manor that isn't the most beneficial and any input is welcome.  Are folks not setting up certain sheets in the default file and loading everything from external libraries or files?  I am referring to door latchset function charts or standard door type elevations for example.  My thinking was to provide these sheets set up for every project using this default file and users can edit and eliminate elements as needed.

Thanks again,

Jesse

Jesse Remick

Message 7 of 7
LisaDrago

What you are doing is what I would consider a best practice and urge clients to do it.

If it is your standards - they having it already set up takes the guess work out of it.

If there is something they don't need it can be easily removed.

LD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report