Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting opening in wall causes walls to unjoin.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cnewton
803 Views, 2 Replies

Inserting opening in wall causes walls to unjoin.

I have two walls, one perpendicular to the other. I insert an opening and set one end about 5' - 4" from the intersection. The end closest to the intersection needs to be at the intersecting wall with a distance of zero from its face. However when I try to move the opening it causes the walls to unjoin and the the opening cuts into the intersecting wall. If i give it a small dimension say less than a quarter of an inch, it will look ok in plan but shows in section and elevation, which I do not want. I cant seem to make this work or find a work around. Any suggestions?

Clint Newton III
Project Manager

Spillman Farmer Architects
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ryan.duell
in reply to: cnewton

The following approach should work for this condition:
1.  Before pulling the opening back, right-click over the wall end > Disallow Join.
2.  You should be able to pull the opening and the wall to meet the other wall.
3.  Afterward, you can use Modify > Join Geometry for the wall to wall connection.
Hope this helps!

The following approach should work for this condition:

1.  Before pulling the opening back, right-click over the wall end > Disallow Join.
2.  You should be able to pull the opening and the wall to meet the other wall.
3.  Afterward, you can use Modify > Join Geometry tool for the wall to wall connection.

Video Example: http://screencast.com/t/YWVhYzQyM

Hope this helps!

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 3
cnewton
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thank You!  A simple solution and a well documented response. I wish there were more like you.

Thanks again,

Clint

Clint Newton III
Project Manager

Spillman Farmer Architects

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report