Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Image to Revit Family and save as family

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
santoshr0114
29060 Views, 10 Replies

Insert Image to Revit Family and save as family

I need to insert a image to a face to a model and save it as family.

And use the created family in projects.

How can i do so?

Note: The image should be associated with the family

Regards
Santosh
Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

if you want to insert a dwg in a family and then to insert the family into a project it works

Image 4.png

If you want to insert an Image (raster image) it will not work as the program says in its window message:

Image 2.png

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 11

Is there any workarround to insert images to Family.

Or

Is there a facility to link the image path from cloud server to revit family

Regards
Santosh
Message 4 of 11

Hi

Maybe The following methods are good for you:

1-Go to Modify Tab and Select the Split Face Tools.

1.jpg

2- and  Then Click on the Surface.

2.jpg

3- Draw a sketch.

3.jpg

4-go to Manage tab and click on the Materials Icon And Create a Material with Image.

4.jpg

5-Go to Modify Tab then selecte Paint tools and selecte Your Material and click on the Surface.

5.jpg

or :

Created Extrusion on the Surface model and with material parametric.

6.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 11

This is used to create new materials, i have tried and i am sucessfull in doing so. Thank You for providing light on that method

My main intension is not to add materials, rather than that i will add image. It is ony for presentation

By adding materials my family file (rfa) size increases. So i need to add images and send across or through cloud.

Is there any possibility...?

Regards
Santosh
Message 6 of 11

Try with the "Decal" feature. It works within the project only, not in the family editor. First you create a Decal type with your desired image, then you apply the decal type to the faces of objects in the project.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 11

Tried that already. but i need to add image in family.

Regards
Santosh
Message 8 of 11

Well, you can insert an image in a model family, yes, but just for reference. Once you load this model family into a project, your image will not be visible.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 9 of 11

Thank You for all your guidance.

I am still learning

Guess there is no solution...

Regards
Santosh
Message 10 of 11

Is There A way To Make It Visibul in the family when uploading it to a project without making it a material?

Message 11 of 11
mzapata14
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

This was super helpful. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report